Monday, January 19, 2009

Getting Cienna's Ears Pierced

We have been waiting for Cienna to cross the 2-month mark so we could get her ears pierced. (Well atleast to have her 2 month immunizations- which they recommend) We were so excited when we were finally able to take her to get them done. I talked to her pediatrician about getting them pierced and she acted as if I wanted to cut off one of her limbs! She said "She doesn't need her ears pierced, she is pretty enough" and then I said, (being the smartie that I am sometimes) "So, you aren't going to see her as a patient anymore if I get them pierced?" She laughed and said, "Edie, of course I will still see her as a patient, but you aren't going to find any pediatrician who will support ear piercing, wearing bracelets, or wearing necklaces" (Well, atleast I don't put a necklace on Cienna- yet)



We decided to take her to Claire's to get her ears pierced even though it was a little pricy- they took good care of her. Here is the lady marking her ears with a marker.

Then here she is getting her first ear done- I promise I wasn't laughing I was only smiling cause it helped me stop from crying-


Here she is right after it was done- she only cried for like 30 seconds- literally.



Then she stopped-


Here is a side view- she looks so cute!

After we were done, we went to this play place in the mall and let the boys play. We were amazed at how little fear Caden has for only being 11 months old. He was climbing up and sliding down all over.


Little Caden had fun walking all over

There was even little things for them to play with on the wall- they loved that.

5 comments:

Scott and Mandi said...

Cienna is absolutely adorable and I loved those little ear rings! Having a girl is so much fun isn't it?
Love you guys!

Heywood Clan said...

She looks SO cute!! I took Emily to get hers pierced because she got ear rings from Santa, but she totally chickened out. I was so sad. Hopefully she'll decide she wants to get them done soon.

J, E, M & I said...

Edie, I think Cienna looks so much like you! Funny huh?!
She is so cute!

Cassie and Sam said...

Boy, I wish I would have done that when Sydnie was a baby. She is so afraid and will have nothing to do with it. She's 8 for crying out loud!!!!!! Arg! I have tried everything. Bribery, threatening, caniving, begging, etc. Oh well, all in good time....I guess.

Texie said...

You are brave to get that done. I don't know if I could have done it, but you are right...she does looke sooooooo cute with them on. She is so cute anyway!!!!