Monday, January 19, 2009

Caden's 1st Birthday

Caden offically turns 1 on January 21, 2009, but we had his birthday party on Sunday, January 18, 2009. We had some close friends over to help wish him a Happy Birthday- it was a lot of fun and we wish family could've been there to help us celebrate. Caden is such a sweet little boy and is so calm and so happy. Here are a list of qualities that he has:

  • He loves to say "Uh Oh"
  • We are finding out that he isn't afraid of anything
  • He has AMAZING coordination
  • He loves to throw balls
  • He loves his big brother Carter and copies EVERYTHING he does
  • He loves to sleep (he has been this way since birth) and he can sleep sometimes 12 hrs at night
  • He is ALWAYS happy when he gets up from his nap or in the morning
  • He loves to say "Hi" to everyone he sees
  • He loves to dance

We just can't believe it has been 1 year since we were lucky enough to have this little sweetheart become a member of our family. We are so thankful for Caden's birthmom (Julie) and her selfless act of love.

Here are some pics of Caden from birth til now

(Just a few of our favorites):

One of the first pics of Caden we took of him-
This is a pic of him after his first bath- look at all that hair
Caden's Birthmom Julie holding Caden before we left to come back home to California.
They look so much alike!


Our first family pic when Caden was almost 2 months old

I love this pic of him yawning-

Easter Sunday 2008
August 2008


November 2008- Arizona- He took so many cute pictures this day

Thanksgiving 2008
Christmas 2008- His 1st Christmas

Here he is at his birthday party-


Big brother Carter- he was actually not as jealous as I thought he would be during his brother's party-

Some of the kids eating cake and icecream-

Caden opening his presents-

Another gift- he got a cute turtle that lights up-
He is so curious- it's really cute

Rachel made him a little cake- when the candle was lit and we were singing "Happy Birthday" he kept trying to grab the flame- it was pretty funny.

First he licked the candle- yummy frosting
Then he went for it!







Then we added a scoop of icecream-
This is what a major sugar high looks like!

Finally- the bathtub
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CADEN! WE LOVE YOU LITTLE BOO!

10 comments:

Allison Barnes said...

cute! I can't believe he is one! WHat a fun little guy. Can't wait to spend time at the beach!!

Heywood Clan said...

I love the way you did this post and put pictures from his 1st year of life. He is such a cutie! Hope he had a happy birthday!

J, E, M & I said...

He sure was lovin' that cake! Happy Birthday little guy!

reesfam said...

Man, I must make a good cake! He was just too precious. What a little sweetie pie!

Scott and Mandi said...

Caden really is such a sweetheart! I just love that kid! Happy Birthday little Caden! We all love you!!!

Angie said...

Happy birthday Caden. He and Mady are 1 month apart. That is so crazy to me! I love watching them dig into their cake for the first time.

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable! happy birthday to Caden. I can't believe he is one year old. He is so sweet. Wish we could have been there. Love and miss you all.1

Tasha said...

So cute!!! Those cake pictures are awesome. Now that is a kid that knows how to eat a cake. he really is such a darling darling little guy.

Susanna Landon said...

Luke and Edie,

I just happened upon your blog and I was so excited. My mom and dad just told us that you had adopted again and we were so thrilled for you. What a beautiful family! We also have a blog and a new child. Look us up at landoflandons.blogspot.com

Susanna

Rey and Melanie said...

Oh Edie those pictures of Caden are just precious. He is such a sweet little thing! My favorite pic is the one of him yawning....I love it! I'm glad we were able to make it to his party.