Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Anderson Family Reunion

This year for Luke's family reunion we camped for 4 nights at Flaming Gorge National Resevoir in Manilla, Utah. We had so much fun with everyone and it was a fun-filled weekend! The only ones who weren't there was Lance Baker cause he had to work and Tate since he is still on his mission. There were so many pics that we took that it was hard to narrow them down. Here are some of my favorites pics!


It was so hot during the day that during nap time, Texie (Luke's sister) put her daughter Teeka and Cienna in her double stroller and pushed them around the campsite to get them to go to sleep. It worked like a charm and they looked so cute in the stroller.
They are going to be best friends as they grow up.


Me and Kaycee (My sis-in-law) Also, Avery, Lance and Parker in this pic.


The kids digging for dinosaur bones

The kids were all happy to show off their bones they found -
Carter, Chase, Sawyer, Avery, Garrett, and Parker

Luke, Caden, and Carter in a little raft. The boys loved it!


Grandpa with Cienna and Avery


Caden was so cute in his life jacket! He could barely walk cause it was so big!


Me, Carter, and Luke (Nice Dr. Pepper Carter)

Me and Tiffany

I love this pic of Loren and Compton! They both wore their rags all weekend

Caden playing with 2 little rakes in the water- he had a blast!

I am holding Compton! I am glad I had a minute to hold another baby other than my own babies! Cienna was asleep and Luke had the boys out on the raft.


Grandma and Cienna- so cute! Grandma and Grandpa bought a special "screen tent" for the babies to play with their toys in and crawl around. It was great!

Teeka, Kaeson, and Compton playing in the screen tent-
My handsome boy



One of the days while we were there, Mitch and Grandpa rented a boat for all of us to go out on. This is what happened when Carter got in the boat!


Carter loves Grandpa!
He didn't want to let go of the wheel!

I love this pic of Leah and Mitch

Carter and Luke


There was this rope swing on one of the cliffs and of course Luke, Lance, and Kaycee (Miss No Fear) had to try it. It was a bit scary to watch, but they said it was so much fun!


You had to walk on these rocks over to the right spot...

Then you grabbed the handle....


Then you swing out over the water and drop...

All of us girls wanted to find a "smaller" and "safer" cliff to jump off, so we found this one...

Luke and Lance jumped first to make sure it was safe! Ha Ha!


Here are the girls getting ready to jump... Kaycee, Me, Tiffany, and Texie

Still posing...

First to jump was Kaycee- then Texie, then I went (after like 10 minutes of crapping my pants), and then Tiffany. It really wasn't that high or scary, but it had been such a long time since I have been cliff jumping and the last experience I had WAS NOT A GOOD ONE!


So, I finally faced my fears and did it!

Me and Texie
One day some of the group did a raft/float trip down the river. I love this picture of Carter holding Grandpa's hand. Luke said Carter had a blast!

Taking a break on the side

Luke and Carter



Texie and Grandpa and the boys!


Grandpa and Carter- they are good pals!

The last night Texie and Leah did a "stick horse rodeo" and everyone participated! It was so much fun and we laughed so hard! I won "Rodeo Queen" but I think that was because it was my birthday the next day- not because I was acting like a queen on that stick horse! :) I got to wear a tiara and my light-up wand as well as my "Wyoming" sweatshirt from Texie. We also had cake in tin cans over the fire- it was so yummy!
Thank you everyone for making my birthday memorable!



Here is Carter doing the Obsticle Course on his stick-horse.
He pretty much walked and cheesed it up the whole time.

At one point he turned the horse's head around so he could watch him while he rode him.
It was so funny! He just wanted to pose the whole way!

I wanted to get the kids picture with Grandma and Grandpa. This one turned out so perfect!
We love you Grandma and Grandpa!

9 comments:

Scott and Mandi said...

LOVED this post! What an awesome family reunion! I missed you guys so much when you were gone!!

Tiffany said...

That was the best weekend ever! We had so much fun! The pictures are so awesome!

Texie said...

You are so good Edie! I can't believe you have already made a post. It will be a while before I get there. I just got caught up on my sleep today and got all my stuff put away. Now laundry, laundry, laundry..... we miss you guys already too. Cute pices

Allison Barnes said...

Looks like a great trip!! glad you had a fun time!!

Heywood Clan said...

Looks like so much fun! I think we need to do something like that for our next family reunion. I'm so glad you guys had a good time!

Angie said...

That is so cool. I bet carter loved it!

Holly said...

Yay! I love family reunions! You guys look like you had lots of fun! It is a lot of work but so worth it for the little kiddies!

Tasha said...

What a very very fun family reunion! It looked like a blast. I loved seeing all the pictures. Seriously, aren't family reunions so fun?! :)

Kristy said...

This looks like it was a great trip! i think that me and Carter will have to get together soon to share a Dr Pepper! Family Reunions make for great memories! I am glad that yours were happy ones ;)