Friday, July 10, 2009

Our Fabulous 4th of July!

For the 4th of July, we went to Mesa, Arizona to visit my sissy Cathi. It seems like it is a tradition now for us to go there for Independence Day. I love any chance I can get to see my sissy and my kids love her and her family so much! We had such a fun time. One of the highlights of the weekend was that Carter turned into a little swimming monster! By the end of the weekend, he was swimming under water all by himself and wanted to spend every minute in my sister's pool. This was such a shock for us- not only because he is only 3 years old, but because just about 3 weeks ago, he was in swimming lessons and he was so shy and scared of the water! He was even jumping in off the diving board too! Here are some pics of him swimming. I wouldn't of believed it, if I didn't see it first hand.

On the morning of July 4th, we drove up north to this beautiful place called "Tonto Natural Bridge" and we hiked down underneath the bridge and we had so much fun. Thank you Candace for helping me climb up and down those rocks!



A cute pic of my sister and most of her family-
Taking a break under the natural bridge-
Kade, Kurtis, and Nellie (his girlfriend) climbing around

Later that day, we were back in the pool- here is Luke with Caden
A cute kiss
Carter and Cathi (He adores her)
Our little princess
Having fun watching fireworks
The kids watching fireworks
Thanks Cathi and Kris for letting us stay with you guys and for a great time! We love you guys so much!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

I can't believe Carter will swim like that! He needs to teach Parker! We are so excited to see you guys next week!

Tasha said...

Wow, that is amazing he is already swimming by himself. Go Carter! Sounded like a very fun trip :)

Andersons and sons said...

I loved your post and you and your sister look alike!! That must be really cool to have a sister that is close to share so many great times with.
I know how you feel about the swimming. Ayden has been swimming without a vest for 2 years now. I kept bugging Thayne to take his life vest off last week and for the first few days he wouldn't, finally on the 3rd day he took it off and bam he was swimming like a pro! Now he refuses to swim with the vest and is doing an awesome job!
Glad you guys had a great 4th!!!

Susanna Landon said...

It looks like you had a great time. That natural bridge looks really awesome. I was shocked to see that you hiked with the baby. You must be superwoman!

Cassie and Sam said...

Hey Girl! I love the pictures. Squeeze the kids for me. I am glad you got to go see Cathy. I am missing you today. I saw a hillarious movie this afternoon and couldn't stop thinking that you HAVE to see it, and have a good laugh. Laugh therapy anyone?

Holly said...

Auh...cute pictures! Such a cute family! I love the picture of your little girl too! She is so cute!

Texie said...

that is really amazing! Chase and Sawyer are no where near that. Good job Carter! I can't wait to see those little cuties!