Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Caden is finally an Anderson!

On Friday, April 17, 2009, we finally were able to appear in court in order to finalize Caden's adoption. It has been a long road with Caden's adoption. Part of it was because it was an out of state adoption and the other reason was because our life got busy late last year when Cienna was born. So on Friday, we showed up to the courthouse and when the Bailiff called us in, I immediately started crying and a whole flood of emotions came over me. I thought about the time when he was born and how it was just him and I in that hotel room for about 2 weeks. That was one of the hardest times in my life because I missed Luke and Carter like crazy! I thought about the time when Julie (Caden's birthmom) came to the hotel to say good-bye to Caden. I will never forget the look on her face when she knew it may be the last time she would ever see him. I often wonder how someone has that much courage and unconditional love for another. I also thought about how when we got the call that we could leave Delaware and go home to Cali- I cried for about 2 hours while I packed and I was so happy that Caden and I were going to join Luke and Carter and that we could finally be a family. Then, when we got home, I remember the look on Carter's face when we first showed him little Caden and how he looked as if he just saw an angel. Caden is such a sweet little boy and has such an amazing little spirit. His heart is made of gold and he loves his family-especially his brother and his sister. We are truly lucky to have Caden and cannot believe how blessed we are. We love you Caden!

The Victorville Courthouse
Caden- ready to meet the judge! His little spirit shines all the time-
Here we are with the judge. She was very sweet and gave all the kids teddy bears-she also became a little emotional and seemed to truly understand the importance of this day!

14 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you guys! What a special day! We miss you guys! I can't wait to meet that little Caden

Kayc said...

Awwwww....Edie that post made me cry! I got four hours of sleep last night, which in turn makes me more emotional! LOL.....I prb would have cried with ten hours of sleep though. :) We love you guys and we are so happy for you. Love you girl! Give those kids kisses for us.

Texie said...

oh Edie, This post is so sweet...brings tears. Caden looks so cute in his little tie and I love the family picture with the judge. You guys have a very special family. So many unique stories to share....Don't worry it is 80+ degrees here too and all the snow is gone and has been for awhile now! We love you all!

Unknown said...

Edie...that is so awesome. I know how you feel with all of this adoption "stuff". What a roller-coaster ride it is sometimes. I didn't know his little story. What a nice day!

Kristie

Carrie and Jim said...

I loved to reading this! How wonderful he is and what a sweet family he can now legally call his own! Congratulations!

Scott and Mandi said...

Oh man, that post made me cry too! I just love little Caden! He looked so handsome in his shirt and tie! He really is a sweetheart and I'm so happy for you and your cute little family! YOu mean so much to us! We love you guys!

Heywood Clan said...

That made me get all teary eyed too! I am so happy for you! You guys are great parents!

Abrie Mikkelson said...

Both you and your children are so blessed to have each other! Congratulations!

Holly said...

I am so happy for you!!! You made me cry, I can barely see through the tears! How sweet a victory for you! I just love his sweet little pose by himself! What a little man!

Susanna Landon said...

There is something so amazing about finalizing an adoption. Our adoption was also very challenging.It took a year and a half to finalize. We had to jump through hoops during that time. I felt nothing but overwhelming relief and joy that day. I am so glad to hear it went well for you guys. Congrats!

Tasha said...

That just made me cry. Congratulations!! I am truly so happy for you guys!! Caden looked so handsome in his shirt and tie too.

Andersons and sons said...

What an amazing act of love. The part in the hotel room has got me all choked up. What an incredible story!Congratulations new little Anderson boy you got tons of cousins!!!

Angie said...

He couldn't have been given to a better family. I think you are the best mom and I love that little guy. He is so sweet. I am glad that it is official and I am sure that it was a very special day for your family. Congrats!

Kristy said...

That is so AWESOME! Loved every word.