Friday, December 23, 2011

Decorating the Tree and a Special Visitor

We love to decorate the tree as a family. This year was no different. We play Christmas music and have a great time letting the kids decorate the tree ANYWAY they want! LOL In the past I have tried to fix the 5 ornaments that all share the same branch or fill in the empty spots that they missed, but this year I have come to appreciate those multiple ornaments all together and the bald spots on the tree- because it's unique- it's ours- it is the work of my kids. I love them so much and realize that every day is a blessing. I am so grateful for this holiday season and for my unique tree and for my 4 amazing kids.
Carter was great at putting the hooks on! He did so great!



Out of all of my kids, Caden LOVES Christmas probably more than any of them. He wishes Christmas was 365 days a year. He asked to put the star on the top, and, when Daddy lift him up to put it on top- he was so happy!








Part of the decorating was putting lights on the house. When the boys saw Luke up on the roof- they wanted to see what it was all about! Carter was pretty timid, but Caden had NO FEAR! I was worried from the ground, but Luke held onto them like no other!




In our small little church family, we have a guy Brother Reichert who dresses up every year and comes and visits the kids a few days before Christmas. He comes to make sure they are "being good" and listening to mom and dad. My kids screamed with excitement when they saw him this year. I wish I would've gotten their reaction on video. It was CLASSIC!



He handed out gifts to everyone and then when he was ready to leave, Caden gave him a big hug!

No comments: